We all know that aloe vera works wonders in treating cuts and wounds, but did you know that the said miracle plant could also be an effective tool for weight loss? People looking for quick weight loss remedies often turn to herbal products such as those with aloe extract. Although it’s often bitter in taste, using aloe vera is an all-natural weight loss option that you can easily try even at home.
How Aloe vera Works on Weight Loss
If you want to look slim and stay in shape, then aloe vera can do miracles for you. Aloe vera gel Singapore and juice works as a natural antioxidant, and therefore hinders the growth of free radicals in the body. Listed below are the ways on how aloe vera aids in weight loss.
• Laxative Effect – Aloe vera aids in weight loss with its laxative effect. Consuming aloe vera regularly treats constipation and keeps the stomach healthy. However, you should first consult a health expert before taking this miracle plant since it can result to inflammation if consumed in large quantities. Also, long-term use of laxatives to lose weight could interfere with your bowel function and cause dependence on laxatives in order to have bowel movements.
• Increased Metabolism – As per the reports of Singapore health experts, drinking aloe vera juice increases one’s metabolism. Consuming it regularly aids in achieving higher metabolism rate, thereby contributing to weight loss.
• Detoxification – Aside from losing weight, taking aloe vera gel from Singapore or juice also helps in detoxifying the body. The aloe extract positively affects the digestive system and cleanses the body, which in turn results to weight loss.
Aloe Vera Extract and Body Fat
An animal study conducted by researchers and health experts showed a potential for the plant sterols found in aloe vera to enhance body composition. The study showed obese rats that were injected with sterols had lower abdominal fat levels after 35 days compared to those who were not given plant sterols. Scientists believed that this effect may also occur in people.
A preliminary research conducted last September 2013 then found that people with diabetes who took aloe vera gel Singapore complex for eight weeks lost more body fat and weight than those who were not given the supplement. However, larger long-term studies are still needed to verify these results.
Aloe Vera Weight Loss Benefits
• Increases Energy. Aloe vera is a great drink and supplement to take every morning as it cleanses the digestive system and gives infinite amounts of energy to the body. Its collagen and protein content is what makes the body work harder to burn fats, thus making it a great muscle development and weight loss solution. This is what also makes aloe vera juice an excellent pre-workout beverage to help you keep going all day long.
• Better Weight Management. Since aloe vera is known to help decrease blood sugar levels, it helps sugar in slowly entering the cells without being stored as fat. Other than that, the miracle plant also aids in keeping your blood sugar level balanced, thereby keeping you fuller longer.
• Promotes Weight Loss. Aloe vera is loaded with B vitamins that support the metabolism and supress appetite and fat storage. With the amount of energy the miracle plant gives our body, some Singapore health experts believe that simply ingesting it is equivalent to doing a number of workouts each week.
• Cleanses the Body. The gel found in the plant is known as a natural laxative that allows the body to use lesser energy from food since it’s quickly eliminated. By preventing build-ups in colon and expelling waste, you’re able to prevent potential weight gain.
• Fills Body with Nutrients. When you’re in a diet, it’s quite easy to not receive all the vitamins your body needs. By drinking or ingesting aloe vera, however, you’ll be feeding your system with niacin, folic acid, and vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B6 and B12. Of course, you can’t forget the energy it gives to help you burn those fats away.
Potential Side Effects
Aloe vera is often termed as a miracle plant, as it helps our body in various ways. However, the said miracle plant also has its fair share of side effects and some of it are as follows:
• Increased aloe vera juice or gel intake could result to dehydration, stomach cramps, and even diarrhoea.
• If you have a low blood pressure, it’s best to avoid or stop consuming the plant’s extract as it further brings down the blood pressure.
• Kids, pregnant women, and breastfeeding moms should also avoid consuming aloe vera juice and gel.
• Itching, rashes and allergic reaction can also be experienced after consuming aloe vera
People who are allergic to garlic, onions and tulip may also experience allergic reactions when drinking or taking aloe vera juice and gel.
Other Contraindications and Risks
While aloe vera helps in losing weight, some reports show that long-term use of oral aloe results to hepatitis or increases one’s cancer risk. Aloe juice and gel might also interact with other medications and increase bleeding risk during surgery. Other than that, ingesting the plant’s extract is also believed to cause thyroid problems. Because of these potential risks, health experts recommend avoiding oral aloe vera most especially for pregnant women.
Drinking aloe vera juice, or taking its gel form, is an effective weight loss option. However, you should first consult your doctor to know if there any recommended dosages, or if taking the said miracle plant poses any threat on your health.