You collect books from bestselling authors. That is completely normal. The good thing is that there are many bookstores here in Singapore that can help you with your collection. In fact, you may have heard about a book vending machine – which is a first in Asia. If in this case you do not know what or who to consider, reading the world’s most paid authors is a start.
Just think of this – their works wouldn’t be on top if many people do not patronize it. Of course many people across the world bought their books and watched their television and movie adaptations. It is time that you need to know it. There is no surprise that the most paid author is James Patterson with an earnings of about $95 million followed by Jeff Kinney with $19.5 million then J.K Rowling with $19 million, John Grisham with $18 million and Stephen King with $15 million.
Here are other authors that made it to 2016 Forbe’s most paid authors list:
- Danielle Steel: Danielle Steel earned $15 million for this year. Her books include A Perfect Life, Precious Gifts, The Apartment: A Novel, His Bright Light, and Big Girl.
- Nora Roberts: Nora Roberts earned $15 million as well for this year. Her books include The Next Always, The MacGregors: Alan & Grant, Vision in White, Stars of Fortune, Dark Witch, The Obsession, and Shadow Spell.
- L. James: E.L James earned $14 million this year. Her books include the massively popular Fifty Shades trilogy, plus a companion novel.
- Veronica Roth: Veronica Roth earned $10 million this year. Her famous works include Divergent, Allegiant, Insurgent, Free Four, and The Traitor.
- John Green: John Green earned $10 million this year. His famous works include The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Town, Looking for Alaska, and An Abundance of Katherines.
- George R. R. Martin: George R. R Martin earned $9.5 million. His works include Game of Thrones, The Winds of Winter, A Dance with Dragons, A Feast for Cows, A Storm of Swords, and A Clash of Kings. The sixth instalment of his Song of Ice and Fire series is set to be released sometime in 2017.
- Rick Riordan: Rick Riordan earned $9.5 million this year. His works include The Sea of Monsters, The Lost Hero, The Hidden Oracle, and The Blood of Olympus.
- Dan Brown: Dan Brown earned $9.5 million. His famous works include Inferno, The Da Vinci Code, and Angels and Demons.