If you are in mainland China and haven’t seen Disneyland, you do not need to go to Hong Kong to see your childhood dreams. On June 16, 2016, Chinese welcomed Shanghai Disney Resort. Shanghai Disney Resort is actually the first Disney theme-park in mainland China and he second in the whole of China next to Hong Kong. Shanghai Disney Resort is the sixth in the world.
Shanghai Disney Resort covers an area of 1.5 square miles and costs US3, 660,000,000. The project was approved by the government and financed by many large state-owned enterprises forming joint ventures with Walt Disney.
What makes Shanghai Disney Resort special? You’ve been to Hong Kong Disneyland and now it is time to get to know Shanghai Disney Resort. Here’s a look:
- Mickey Avenue: When you enter the Disneyland Park, you will surely walk pass through Mickey Avenue. Inside the gate, you will see Steamboat Mickey Fountain. Mickey and friends will welcome visitors. You will not get bored because you can wander around and shop for goods. Mickey Avenue is special here because there are goods designed with Chinese elements.
- Gardens of Imagination: This is actually the world’s first garden-designed Disney Park that connects the seven themed areas around. The good thing about this is that ladders are provided for the best viewing of castle stage plays as well as grand performances. In the Garden of Twelve Friends, you will see Chinese Zodiac Murals.
- Adventure Isle: If you want an air of thrill and mystery, Adventure Isle is the best place to go. You will find ancient tribes not to mention explore ancient tales and natural scenes. You will feel like a real traveller through Soaring over the Horizon.
- Tomorrowland: You know Tomorrowland as a movie but in this place, it is a place of possibilities. Imagine this park a setting of science fiction movies. There is this Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue or the Star Wars and Marvel.
- Treasure Cove: Another first, Treasure Cove features two giant pirate ships as well as a pirate restaurant. You will be stunned by the settings of the Pirates of the Caribbean – Battle for the Sunken Treasure. Captain Jack Sparrow will lead you to steal Davy Jones’ treasures. You will encounter mermaids, pirates and even krakens while retrieving the treasure. The elaborate fighting scenes will surely make amazing visual effects.
- Disneytown: For your shopping and dining needs, Disneytown is there to help you. The massive center adjoining the park has fifty stores.
Maybe Singapore will think about building Disneyland in the near future. One can only hope.