You feel sorrow, grief, exhaustion and sadness all the time so you vent it to other people. If you are like this, you will be unhappy for the rest of your life. It is normal to feel sorrow, grief, exhaustion and sadness but what is not normal is letting it take over your life completely. You can change that. You can be happy.
According to Elbert Hubbard, Happiness is a habit and so it should be cultivated. If you see a happy person, it is as if the energy will be transferred to you. That is the power of a happy disposition. Many people do not consider the importance of happiness. They perform their tasks every day without enjoying things. Part of mental and emotional health is to be happy. If you want to be happy, here are some habits that you need to practice:
- Care for yourself: You have to take care of yourself from your physical health to your mental and emotional health. If you are healthy, you can do things that makes you happy. You should get regular medical check-ups to be sure.
- Appreciate life: Sometimes you tend to ignore simple things like appreciating the sun or your mother. You should rediscover that child-like sense of wonder. Children are fascinated with things thus the enthusiasm. Rediscover that and you will appreciate every minute you have.
- Choose your friends wisely: The adage “tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are” is very true. When you surround yourself with unhappy people, you will be unhappy. If you surround yourself with positive and happy people, it will be contagious.
- Be considerate: Being considerate is also the key to happiness. You have to accept others. We are not the same after all. If you accept and respect others, the world will be more peaceful and vibrant. Touch the people with your generous and kind nature.
- Laugh: You do not need to laugh at someone to be happy. You can laugh at yourself and be happy. Sometimes you need a good laugh to jumpstart your day. Laughing is contagious and it can brighten the mood of those who hear it.
- Invest in your relationships: No one is an island. Relationships will enliven you. You should exert effort every day to tell your loved ones that they are loved. Sometimes showing it is different from saying it. Spend time with your friends and family.
These are just things that you can consider. At the end of the day, it will be up to you. Think that happiness is a choice. You are to blame if you hold the feelings of sadness and sorrowful for a long time. Being happy will not cost you anything. In fact, it can yield good benefits at the end of the day.